Sunday, August 12, 2007

More Kayaking

Last night I told the kids that whoever got up at 6 o'clock with me on Sunday morning could go fishing and kayaking at (or about) sunrise. I was kind of hoping for a solo trip up the creek, but Kenzie and Alex made it out of bed in time. After we made a quick trip to the bait shop for worms, we headed to the creek. I let them have the first turn. It was an absolutely perfect morning. I got to relax with my fishing rod while they paddled around the creek.


When it was my turn on the kayak, I just drifted around and fished. I must have been pretty quiet because I drifted right up to a family of ducks and neither they, nor I, were aware of each other until they eventually got spooked and decided to leave the area. Momma was definitely keeping an eye on me as she kept herself between her babies and my boat.
I am really going to miss Summer when we have to put these boats away due to cold weather.

No comments: