Friday, July 18, 2008

Packing Up

We head out to Columbus, Ohio tomorrow for the NSA Eastern World Series. I'm not looking forward to the 8 hour drive. Six of us; Kenzie, Alex, Connor, Taylor, Tyler, and me; will be packed into the minivan when we leave early tomorrow morning. I don't know how many of us will walk out of the van in Ohio. The way the kids have been getting along this summer, I predict ugliness, tears, and maybe even some bloodshed by the time this trip is over.

At least I should be able to get some of it on film. Vicki's dad bought a nice HD camcorder and is letting us borrow it for the trip. I haven't used a video recorder since Alex was two years old, so I won't promise any Hollywood productions. I was playing with the camera at practice last night and discovered a really cool slow motion setting. I can't wait to use that feature to show the kids how they can improve their swings, kicks, etc. (in their sports, that is...they don't need any help in the sibling disputes). Here's a sample of what it can do. The quality has been reduced to make the files small enough to download before next year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read your wife's blog. I hope you don't mind a comment from me - since you don't know me. I don't know what to do and it's not like you can help me. It's stupid really. I guess I can ask you to pray. My anniversary is 8/13. 14 years. He cheats. Many times. We have a marriage in name only by his choice. We have one child he's 10. Also his choice. Well not true he didn't want any. Last night our son said to him weren't you ever bored and he said yeah obviously 10 years ago. Not that he understand but I sure did. I'm not a super model but I'm not that bad either. I don't understand his actions. I'm deeply depressed and yes on medication for it. I just don't know how much more I can take. I know you can't help and I don't know why I'm telling you except from what I read you are the kind of husband I wish I had. Sorry to bother you.

Andy said...

My heart breaks for you and your son. I wasn't always the person I am today and our marriage has not always been smooth. But, with the grace of God and His guiding hands we have overcome many hurdles. God has proven His power many times by getting me (and us) through problems that I could never have managed by myself. I pray the He does the same for you.