Sunday, July 22, 2007

A Day at The Shore, Part 2

We spent another day at The Shore, with my parents, minus Vicki (she needed a rest), Kearsyn (so much for Vicki's rest), and Alex (volunteer firedude obligations). But we added my sister and her family and an uncle of mine and his wife.

We managed to get our kayaks on the roof of the van (should've taken a picture, but didn't), despite the 7 foot elevation, plus the height of the rack on top of the van. We actually arrived at our destination after over an hour of driving, with the kayaks still with us. So, with our two kayaks, my dad's kayak and rowboat, and my uncle's canoe, we had quite a flotilla on the creek today. Happily for me, my nephew drove my mom crazy so I didn't have to, and she had someone else to be grumpy with; not me. I called her a little while ago to tell her how much my kids love to visit their Grandma and Pop at The Shore. Mom works hard setting things up, providing food, and worrying about everyone having fun, and I just hope she realizes how much it means to everyone. Although the kids are probably going to mostly remember the kayaking, fishing, swimming, hot dog roasting, and smores; she's the one that makes the day happen, and the kids probably don't appreciate it, at least not until they get a little older.

My uncle took an incredible picture of Bekah on his digital camera. I hope he remembers to send me a copy; I really want it for my 2008 calendar. I, of course, had my camera, but it never left the case. I have become notorious for neglecting my camera duties lately.

Oh, and before I go, there's this. Kenzie finally had her Altar Server class last Wed. Well, since there was only one Server last night, at church, she volunteered, and got her first opportunity to serve at Mass. Connor volunteered to serve with her. She was all smiles. She's been waiting for this moment for over a year. I could tell she's spent that year watching the older servers. She was flawless (of course I have to say that, I'm her dad). And, as usual, I forgot my camera.

No comments: