Thursday, January 03, 2008

Puppet Show

This is a day of several firsts. This is the kids' first production, without any assistance, direction, or even prompting, from anyone but themselves. This is my first attempt at anything close to editing a video, using a program I've never used before. This is also supposed to be the first day back to school since the Christmas break. I can't see the point of starting school on a Thursday, and this whole puppet-show-producing thing has been a great learning activity. I haven't seen those kids work together, for such an extended period of time, for, well--ever. Right now, I hear a lot of commotion (good commotion) upstairs, concerning set design, re-writing the script, re-designing puppets, etc. I've been told they're adding a new twist to the plot, but I won't get to see it until the next filming, later today. This 21 MB file is taking forever to load, so if you want to watch it, I hope you have broadband. It's also my first attempt at using this Blogger video uploader.

No comments: