Wednesday, February 20, 2008

All Set for Ohio

Am I crazy? If I have to ask, I guess I know the answer. This year's NSA (National Softball Association) Fastpitch Softball World Series, for Kenzie's division, is being held in Columbus, Ohio. Kenzie's team expects to go, even though they haven't played in (let alone won) a single tournament needed to qualify for a spot in this event. That doesn't mean we don't have to plan ahead. That is why I just reserved a room at a hotel in Ohio. Crazy, huh? And not just a room. I don't expect I can leave everyone home except Kenzie and me. I had to reserve enough space for me and five kids (Vicki will staying home and incubating--that baby better not come early). That means a two-room suite with double beds and a pull-out sleeper sofa. And not just any old cheapy hotel. The team decided to reserve a block of rooms at Embassy Suites. At least we got a group discount, which of course the exhorbitant tourist tax takes right away again. I guess I know where my economic stimulus package is going this year.

No comments: