Sunday, April 13, 2008

Another RBI

This week's softball tournament is local - only 50 minutes away - and it's all afternoon games, so Vicki and decided to take turns going to the games. I had yesterday, and it was a beautiful day. After a deluge of rain overnight, the day was dry enough to get both games in. I lost count of Kenzie's hits, but, according to what she told me, she had 3 hits and 1 strikeout in four at-bats, bringing her overall batting average up to .438, which is awesome. I'll update those stats if I get real numbers from our scorekeeper. She added a couple RBI's (now 8) and runs scored (now 5 or 6), too. Oh, and about four more stolen bases, including a very pretty delayed steal of third base. She also played shortstop, second base, right field, and third base.

Vicki has today's games, and it's much cooler and cloudier. I hope she stays warm. I'm home so I can watch Connor play in his travel soccer game, which is also local (only ten minutes away). So, things have worked out well for our schedule this week.





Here's Kenzie running to first after one of her hits. You can see the coach at third sending the runner home, while the coach at first is telling Kenzie to round first base.

Here she is, warming up in right field. This isn't an actual play in the game, but it was a good picture.

No comments: