Sunday, August 24, 2008

Remember Where You Are

This web log is, and always has been, a place where our family and friends can catch up on the goings on of our family. I know it's public, and anyone can see it, and I don't mind that. I try never to post anything that is untrue so I don't worry about what anyone really thinks about what I say. Truth is truth, and that's that.

Recently, however, I have been contacted by two individuals regarding the content of this blog. One person did it right. One did not.

Let's start with the right way. Somehow, members of the KY Diamond Cats came across my NSA world series entry. They were offended by some things I said. They sent me a non-anonymous email explaining in no uncertain terms what they thought of my comments. They were very obviously upset. I re-read my post, and I have to say they had justification. After being educated a little about the KY program, I became a bit offended with my own comments. I have huge respect for the sport of girls softball; I know how hard we work to perfect the skills of our girls. The Kentucky girls are no different and deserve the same respect we give our own kids when it comes to their ability to play the game. Anyway, after seeing the error of my ways, it was easy to modify my blog entry to remove the hurtful and untrue things that I posted. I emailed back to the KY coach to apologize, and thanked him for getting me straight. I have to remember where I am, too. This site is about me and my family, not anyone else, and I don't need to be commenting on things based on conjecture and gossip.

The wrong way. Most of you probably don't know that this site has been attacked and harassed by an anonymous coward ever since we decided to move on from LSL. Fortunately, no one has seen this flamer's comments since I delete them as soon they are posted. If anyone has a legitimate cause for being upset at me, I will listen with an open mind, as long as that person has the courage to identify himself, as did the Kentucky coach. This anonymous poster, however doesn't deserve a response. His comments are vile, hurtful, and self-serving. His only purpose is to tear down someone for his own spiteful reasons. Anonymous is not even associated with the 10U team that we just left! Despite having some internet experience, he apparently does not realize that IP addresses can be traced. I would like to keep my head above the gutter that anonymous dwells in by informing him that I know his ISP is Comcast.net and his IP address is 69.143.66.152. His host name is c-69-143-66-152.hsd1.md.comcast.net. His connecting city is Essex. I really would like to keep names out of this, but if this site is hit again by this particular anonymous, I will start posting names, Mike.

Again, if you are willing to identify yourself, with constructive criticism, I will listen and be educated. I can accept being wrong when presented with a reasonable argument.

I know who visits my site; please remember where you are and I will try to do the same.

1 comment:

Velda said...

Bravo...There's nothing wrong with stating an opinion, as long as it's done in the right way. I'm glad you were able to figure out who this person was, I know it's caused alot of stress.