Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Mystery Solved

I swear I've always said that the washer eats socks just to be funny; to explain one of those Bermuda Triangle kind of things that happens all the time. I now have proof that my washer really does eat socks.


I've been getting an error message, on my fairly new high end washer, that said the drain wasn't working properly. It being New Year's Eve, and there being no shops open until next year, I got adventurous and began taking the thing apart. I discovered and internal filter on the drainage system. This is what it looked like. And yes, that is three socks, a dime, and some lint blocking up the works. Kearsyn thought it was funny. I have no idea how this stuff got in there, since the water has to leave the washer via the holes in the side of the stainless steel drum. I guess it just got hungry.
Now I have to go see if this fixed the problem and see if I can re-assemble my very expensive washer.
Happy New Year everybody.

No comments: