Thursday, December 11, 2008

School Board Day

Today's the day we get to go to our Winter meeting with the county school board. It's basically the only legal requirement we have, to be allowed to homeschool here. I still thinks it's too intrusive. I am of the belief that how I raise my kids is my business, not the government's, so I do my part to punish their intrusiveness by overwhelming their system during review time. Here's what the homeschool monitors will have to deal with today. It's what my kids kids have done so far this year:

Now, add to that pile of stuff to be looked through a three month old baby, a two year old toddler, and a four year old ball of energy, and imagine the chaos that will ensue in that meeting room. Oh, and it's pouring down rain today, so everybody, and everything will be soaking wet. When we're done, we'll go visit Poppop, who is the HR Director for the county school system. This usually is good for a bit of disruption in the HR department, but I think he secretly relishes these little visits at his office.
And the fringe benefit for the kids is, I let them sleep in and skip school today. This counts as one of those numerous "Professional Development Days" public schools stack their schedule with.

No comments: