Sunday, December 03, 2006

Family Calendar

Next year's calendar is finished. It costs us a fortune in ink and supplies (especially when you factor in the mistakes and do-overs), but our family really likes to get the collection of pictures, taken throughout the previous year, of all the kids. Since I only use a digital camera, I tend to have very few photographs to hand out throughout the year, and my family, especially my mother, is pretty computer illiterate, so they don't see many pictures of the kids (not that I update my website very often, even if they did go online to look at it). The calendar is the answer. We started this calendar thing in 1997 by sending our pictures to a company that made them. I started making my own in 1999. Here are the front and back pages of the 2007 version. The front cover is a picture I took of McKenzie early this year on a trail that runs across the island. It's one of my favorite pictures of 2006 (and all time). Usually, I try to get creative with my front cover, but I didn't have the heart to mess up that beautiful shot with my photo editing program.

1 comment:

. said...

Andy,
That's VERY impressive! Great job!