Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Low Tide

After a brief hiatus due to frigid temperatures, Kenzie and I got back to our sunrise walk this morning. It was still a little chilly (about 39 F), but the wind was calm. Hmm, how can wind be calm? By definition, calm means no wind. I hate when weathermen(people) say the wind is calm, and then I go and say it. It's like saying my Tyler is calm. If he is ever anything but hyper, he wouldn't be Tyler anymore. Start again: There was no wind. So, it didn't feel very cold, and we could go for our walk. The sun is still coming up later and later, so we arrived at our sunrise observation post many minutes before the actual sunrise, but we were treated to an exceptionally low tide. We could walk out to our little island (which was now a peninsula) and Kenzie thought that was really cool. The pictures I post here are very much enhanced since it was much darker than it appears, but I figure you'd rather see enhanced pictures than big black blotchy things. Below are some of those Canadian geese that visit us this time of year.

No comments: