Thursday, February 01, 2007

Alex's Resume

Along with the standard admission forms, I'm going to add all of Alex's course work to the packet I'll submit to SSPP. Here's GRADE 6 , GRADE 7, and GRADE 8. We're also waiting for some letters of reference from various community leaders (our priest, his youth group leader, his CCD teacher, and his soccer coach, plus one from his teacher: me) that we'll also add to his portfolio.

Any other ideas of the kinds of things I can add? Please comment! I want the fattest, most impressive package we can assemble with a week's preparation.

UPDATE (2/3/07): Alex has just finished the third draft of his letter to the SSPP principal. He's going to type it up this weekend. I am so proud of him for taking the initiative like this. He's even called some people today, to remind them that he needed their letters of recommendation by tomorrow. Who'd'a ever thunk this is the same kid giving me fits last month.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andy,
How about adding a letter FROM Alex about why he wants to attend. I think that might be impressive to the admittance people :) Good luck!

Andy said...

Thanks Velda,
I have suggested to him that he write his own letter. I'm not sure he wants to do it, but it would also make a good English Composition assignment, wouldn't it?

Anonymous said...

re Update: Good for Alex!