Saturday, February 03, 2007

This Day Really Shot By

I can't believe it's already 3 pm. That morning softball practice really kills a Saturday. It was worth it, though. Kenzie's softball club had some high school coaches and players come and do a two hour clinic. In future weeks, they're going have guest coaches from other leagues and colleges (Salisbury and U of MD, I think) to do the same thing. Plus, next month they're having a professional coach fly in from California to spend a day with the girls. Kenzie is having the time of her life. She is just eating all this stuff up. She told me that during a bunting drill, her coach had her demonstrate to her whole group how to do it. She's the youngest one out there! She also told me that her coach started to teach all the girls to bunt the way Kenzie does. Not to pat myself on the back, or anything (*pat pat*), but I taught her how to do it that way, and she is one of the best bunters on her team. It probably helps that the ball is twice as big as what she's to, too.


I had a 1000 crickets delivered today. I was really mad because they all looked dead because it got really cold last night. I had ordered them to be shipped overnight, but the cricket people sent them 2nd-day. I wrote them a nasty email about killing my crickets. I should have waited, though. I told Vicki that cold crickets sometimes revive after some warming up. I should have listened to my own words. Te darned things revived and now I feel bad about complaining to the cricket company. I did pay for overnight shipping, though, so I want the extra money I spent on shipping, back. Oh, and the crickets are for Betty and Wilma, our bearded dragons. Here's an old picture. They're much bigger, now. Betty is facing left. Wilma is facing right. (Like you really care about which is which, eh?)
Ok, off to check on showers. We're going to church at five tonight, instead of 7. Alex and Connor had altar serving duties at 7, but switched with a friend because he had something to do at 5. Showers around here sometimes take a bit of prodding to get done in time for church.

1 comment:

. said...

I LOVE the dragons, very cool! Glad the crickets came back to life!