Wednesday, September 27, 2006

First Corinthians 10:13

I know God is faithful. He will not allow me to be pushed beyond my ability to resist. And then, even when I believe things are getting too difficult, he sends support from unexpected places to keep me going. I have a network of fellow homeschoolers on whom I can rely for support, and I know we all have "those days". I thank all of you for your responses to my last post. I should have expected such kind words from people my wife calls friends.

This is my fourth year homeschooling, and I still occasionally reach that limit of resistance. I've been through the whole range, from complete satisfaction at seeing my kids independently do something that I taught them, to...well, to yesterday.

1 Cor 10:13 is one of the most important verses in the Bible to me. "No test has been sent you that does not come to all men. Besides, God keeps His promise. He will not let you be tested beyond your strength. Along with the test he will give you a way out of it so that you may be able to endure it." --NAB

No comments: