Wednesday, October 25, 2006

40 Gushes

Velda said she likes my gushes, so in honor of my 40th post, here's 40 things I can gush about.

1. Alex is 3/4 done his ALgebra 1 book and he just began 8th grade.
2. Connor is at least a grade ahead of his age in almost every subject.
3. Kenzie is, too.
4. Taylor can read at a second grade level.
5. Tyler can play piano.
6. Bekah is cute.
7. Kearsyn is cute, too.
8. Vicki is an incredible mother, and she puts up with me, too.
9. I've taught my kids more than they would have learned in school.
10. Alex is a naturally nice person who helps others because he wants to.
11. Connor sings, plays piano, and is a fantastic soccer player.
12. Kenzie excels in so many areas that she can't find time to do everything she's good at.
13. Taylor loves to read to us.
14. Tyler can ride his bike for miles and miles.
15. Bekah can get her own cookies.
16. Kearsyn is still cute even when's crying.
17. Vicki can be up all night with the baby, and still cart the kids all over the place when I'm out of town.
18. My kids like me, even though I yell sometimes (that's from Kenzie).
19. Alex can prepare lunch for all the kids.
20. Connor makes up his own jokes and then laughs at them.
21. Kenzie changes diapers.
22. Taylor plays with Bekah.
23. Tyler sometimes helps McKenzie with the chickens at 6 am.
24. Bekah loves giving kisses to her little sister.
25. Kearsyn will eventually get her days and nights straightened out.
26. Vicki hasn't said "no" to kid #9.
27. I have been blessed, by God, to be part of this family.
28. Alex has been complimented by numerous other coaches on his reffing performance.
29. Connor faces his greatest fears, and conquers them.
30. Kenzie has asked to get her hair cut, to be donated to Locks of Love.
31. Taylor has been learning how to play chess.
32. Tyler thinks it's cool to go with his dad, wherever and whenever that may be.
33. Bekah falls asleep on my belly.
34. Kearsyn brings out the best in all her siblings.
35. Vicki is more than I deserve.
36. I get along with my sister better than when we were kids.
37. We have friends that bring us dinner occassionally.
38. We have family close by.
39. We have what we need, and more.
40. They say, count your blessings, but that's impossible; they're too numerous.

7 comments:

. said...

and I am crying 40 tears. I can't wait to meet you someday Andy, you are just an amazing dad and person. Vicki gushes about you too you know....but I'm not allowed to tell you anything she says *wink* (I'm SUPER excited about #26 *giggle*)

Andy said...

Vicki said she's wondering what happened to kid #8 but I assumed kid #8 was already approved, by default. I'm just thinking ahead.

Megan said...

LOL - I was wondering what happened to kid #8, too! You and Vicki have such a wonderful family - you are an inspiration! It is wonderful to see a family so blessed.

Margaret said...

#9????

LOL

This is truly a "warm fuzzy" post.

Martha said...

Ha, I never even noticed #8 was missing!

Miriam Pauline said...

And I thought the 9 was a typo. lol

What an inspiring post. Thank you!

. said...

lol I wasn't supposed to tell but Vicki already okayed #8 *giggle* don't tell her I told you ;)