Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Connor's Turn

Last night, three of the teams I coach had their first end-of-season soccer tournament games. Obviously I couldn't coach all three so I took Kenzie's team, since she 's the youngest. I coach with someone else, so she took Alex's team. One of the parents took care of Connor's team. Kenzie's team got beat really bad. One more loss, and they're out of the tournament. Alex's team got beat, too. Same deal. Wouldn't you know it, but the one team (Connor's) that had no coach won the game!

Now here's today's gush. The game was tied at the end, and had to go to overtime. That means, shootout. Each team takes 5 penalty shots at the other team's goalie. The team with the most goals at the end of the shootout, wins. Connor got the winning goal. And the other coach's kid was the Goalie that stopped the other team from scoring the winning goal. Both of us coaches got to see the shootout, but neither of us had anything to with coaching the team up to that point. Needless to say, everyone was very excited, and of course, I had no camera with me. So, I tried to take a celebration photo of Connor this morning at 7 am, but it wasn't quite the same as it would have been last night.

1 comment:

. said...

Wow those bright "I'm a star" lights are really blinding his eyes, as I see by the photo! lol Congrats! I love your gushes.