Saturday, November 18, 2006

What Are The Odds...

What are the odds that this picture would be featured on page two, the National section, of our local newspaper on the same morning of our fatal hawk attack? We've been so busy lately, I finally got around to reading Thursday's paper, today. There wasn't even an article about it; just the picture and caption. It just struck me as really weird, that's all.

With the sun finally returning to our neighborhood, I could get a good picture of our improved chicken run. You can see, pretty well, how the whole space is covered up. The only problem now is that it's hard to visit the chickens if you're over four feet tall, and I like to go sit and watch them once in a while. It's kinda like watching fish in a fish tank: there's a therapeutic effect to it. Well, no more nasty hawks are going to get our birds now!

I tried to do some Christmas shopping today. For the past seven years I've done most or all of my shopping online. This year I thought I'd give stores another try. BIG MISTAKE. I bought one thing for a gift, and it wasn't even anything I planned on buying. Back to online shopping, for me. I can almost always find what I want, somewhere on the internet; and, I can compare prices without driving all over the place. Plus, the kids use the internet to make their wish list so if they can find what they want, so can I.

I did have to go to a store the other day for Bekah's bed, and they tried to sell me something I didn't want. Boy that irritates me. I went in, said I wanted the mattress/box set in the store flyer, priced at $129. Not in stock. I just got flyer that previous day! How can they be out of stock the next morning? I made them ship the items I wanted from their warehouse. I would have gone to another store just on principle, but we don't have many choices around here for that kind of thing.

Connor was a little perturbed with the Terps today. They got beat pretty bad. In their first two possessions they fumbled the ball that was returned for a touchdown both times. They were losing 14-0 in the first five minutes of the game. That's when I leave a game. Connor is loyal enough to watch, in agony, as his team get slaughtered. Not me; I admit, I'm a fair-weather fan. But for Connor's sake, I hope the Ravens do better tomorrow.

2 comments:

. said...

Peter calls those flyer ads "lures" -- they never really have them to begin with lol....glad you were able to get it but wish you COULD have had another option.....just on priciple.....eww on the hawk!

Anonymous said...

uggh, I was hoping you wouldn't see the hawk picture. My first thought? Andy made the paper twice in two weeks LOL. Then I read closer and saw that it was a sharp-shinned hawk. I thought about asking if you saw it, but didn't want to add salt to your wound. Hopefully the new netting keeps Rudy (our nickname for the red-tailed bird) out. Have a glorious Thanksgiving! I'm sure you're enjoying life, sans soccer insanity!!!