Monday, January 08, 2007

Another Kenzie Gush

As you've probably read here, Kenzie is on a regional, travel softball team. This means we practice twice a week, about 40 minutes away from home. It's a pain, but worth it for the joy she gets from playing, and learning, the game at a high skill level, not what you see in a regular recreational league. Well, last night, a guy (Mike) I've coached baseball with (his son and Kenzie have been on the same team) for a couple years called me. I told him over the summer that I wouldn't be coaching with him this year because of Kenzie's softball. There would be huge schedule conflicts, and travel softball would take priority over recreational baseball. Mike insisted that, in his opinion, having McKenzie play part time on his team would be better than having most of the boys her age play full time. I knew that ;o), but it was nice to hear someone else say it. I told him I'd talk to Kenzie, and call him back. Kenzie took about a half second to decide she'd love to play baseball with the boys again. I half-jokingly asked her where the money's going to come from for her to play in both leagues. Without hesitation she said she'd pay for it from her Christmas/birthday money. Okydoky. I called Mike back and told him he can have Kenzie. Of course, that also means I'll be coaching baseball again. At least this time I'll only be an assistant, not the manager like I usually am.

I think if you did a search of my blog, you'd find Kenzie mentioned more than anything else. I feel a little guilty talking about her more than my other kids, but I really can't help the fact that she does so much stuff, and does it well. Alex, Connor, Tay, Ty, et al, also do what they do, well. They just don't do as much of it.

Oh, I can mention the fact that Alex joined an indoor soccer team yesterday. It was a last minute thing, and I still haven't even gotten him officially registered; thankfully, the coach is a good friend of mine (Godmother of two of my girls) so we could work around the technicalities. Without even going to a practice, he scored a goal in the first game of the season. Yeehah!

I hope to soon get to topics here that can include some pictures. These long, picture-less, blogs are going to get tedious, and I may start losing some of my vast audience. Hang in there, please.

No comments: