Monday, January 22, 2007

Our First Measurable Snow

It came very late this year (hurray for Global Warming!--if you believe in that sort of thing; I don't, at least not the man-made kind), and we only got about two inches of snow with a crust of ice on top. It was enough for Tyler to build his mini-snowman, of which he is very proud. He did it all by himself. I know this because he told me how much work it was; several times he told me this. I don't think he's done telling me this.

Anyway, Bekah and Kearsyn are asleep. Tay and Ty are watching TV. I'm breaking all the rules today, regarding TV, mostly because I woke up grumpy. Or, maybe events contributed to the grumpiness shortly after waking up. Kearsyn has been awful all morning. She hasn't eaten anything, and has been crying incessantly, whenever she is awake. Tyler and I had a battle over piano practice, too, which didn't help. Tyler and I are always battling over piano practice. If he weren't so derned good at it, once he stops resisting, I'd give up on it altogether. He keeps telling me he wants to keep playing; he just wants to skip the practicing part.

The reason we're not doing school today is that Vicki, Alex, Connor, and Kenzie are at the March For Life in D.C. I wanted to go, too, but that would have been a mess, with the little'uns. Vicki and the older kids took a bus from our church at 9:30 this a.m. and won't be back until around dinner time. It figures, the first snow we get of the season is the night before all those people are supposed to turn up in D.C. for a pro-life rally. I hope it doesn't deter a big turnout. With the way Congress has turned out, I am afraid we'll have to speak louder than ever for all the unborn people. As it is, too many won't make it past birth. :o(

2 comments:

Martha said...

I too have given in to TV on Terrible, Horrible, No-Good, Very Bad days. (An interesting documentary can at least make the time feel worthwhile.) I hope the baby is feeling better and you have a good day tomorrow.

Martha said...

PS I love the snowman. And it looks like someone had some fun sledding too?